[Rhodes22-list] Trailer trouble

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sat Jul 22 13:36:47 EDT 2023

The Triad boat trailer is the only trailer I've ever owned with surge brakes.  I've never really been able to tell if the brakes were doing anything useful.  When I had the original drum brakes replaced with disc, I asked about converting to electric-over-hydraulic.  As I recall, the added cost was around $1500, which was too steep for me.

As for the quick disconnect, I'm skeptical that it's a cause for concern (but certainly can't say for sure).  I think that adding ten or twelve feet of flexible brake line would introduce its own problems.

--Peter