[Rhodes22-list] Engine lift winch

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Mon Jun 12 07:23:50 EDT 2023

Peter,

No, my version of the manual lift does not tilt at the top of its travel.  But, the vertical travel is high enough; that, the lower unit doesn’t touch the water until the boat is heeled over ~> 15 deg on starboard tack with the engine tilt not engaged.  One click up on the engine tilt on my Honda 8 extra long shaft will allow the lower unit to clear the water until the port side rail is in the water.  When you’re heeling more than that, a little outboard lower unit drag is not much concern!

The built-in tilt at the top of it’s travel is a very clever design feature on the GBI engine mount.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone