[Rhodes22-list] Rudder uphaul

Bruce Greenwald bmg18 at me.com
Fri Jun 23 17:37:47 EDT 2023

Peter, thanks, and you are quite right as to my intended reference.  In the case of the line used to pull the rudder down, I had always used a 257 Clam Cleat, both because it was easy to secure and and I liked the way the release worked in the event the rudder hit bottom.  Several years ago when I had a rudder head failure Stan sent a new one with the GB “friction  handle” - not sure what else to call it.  For me, it hasn’t worked as well or as easily but I’ve been too lazy to convert back to the Clam cleat.

As to the lance cleat, there is a marina nearby that just might have one.  If not, then I will have to shop online - Google turned up several potential sources.