[Rhodes22-list] Outhaul car and thanks

jpd9668 jpd9668 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 09:29:22 EDT 2023

Peter, A chunk was broken off of the sheave of my outhaul. The sheave is replacable. Try West, Defender et al. I replaced mine with Stans new outhaul design. Short of Stan, try RigRite, they have lots of sailing hardware and fittings. Somewhere on The List is reference to an associate of Stan's who is his source for the new outhaul as well as the new traveller design.Best,Joe DempseyTrojan 42m/v VoyagerFormer Rhodes 22s/v RespiteDeltaville, VA  Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Peter via Rhodes22-list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Date: 5/24/23  8:44 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Outhaul car and thanks Hi All,    I  took my 1st sail on Sunday and a more perfect afternoon for a shakedown is hard to imagine.  Sunny with steady (for lake Arthur) breezes around 10-12 knts.    Thanks to all of you who've answered my posts and helped me get underway this season,  your input has been invaluable.     In the course of setting up my running rigging I discovered that the outhaul car on the boom has a chunk missing and should be replaced.   Does anyone have a source for this part?Thanks yet again    Peter