[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard Pendant Update - Another Attempt to Post

Chris on LBI cknell at vt.edu
Wed May 24 21:03:01 EDT 2023

As promised in my summary of the centerboard pendant replacement back in
October 2022, the length of line that I used to replace the pendant was
about 13 feet total. This includes about 7 feet of travel, and another 4
feet that is always above the cleat. The last 2 feet are always out of
sight.

I am pleased (and relieved) to report that after a couple of days in the
water, the bilge is completely dry. That is, no leaks as a result
disassembling and reassembling the centerboard trunk. I used the same
(original?) gasket on the cap of the trunk.

I'm curious: how much of the pendant is always above the cleat on a
factory Rhodes? That is, with the centerboard fully down, what is the
approximate length of the pendant from the cleat to the handle on the
end? I thought 4' was appropriate, but I should have asked the List
before putting knife to rope.

Chris on LBI