[Rhodes22-list] Sail maintenance

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Nov 2 16:29:36 EDT 2023

Cary,

As someone who prides himself in being able to work on nearly all aspects of my Rhodes 22, I have not attempted to perform anything but the most basic sail repairs. I simply drop my sails with the local sail loft where they can completely layout the entire sail to work on it flat. Not only is their sewing machine in the floor but they know the materials much better than I ever will from watching a YouTube video.

Find a reasonably priced loft and let them do the work. I worked with North Sails for years and recently found Onesails in Huntington, NY (Long Island). Sometimes they have been able to add years of good sailing life to my old, blown out sails. You never know what you will find.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)