[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring

Rick Lange sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 17:01:10 EDT 2023

Hi Mike,

Fiberglass may be flexible, but gelcoat not that much.  For many years the
stringers stopped gelcoat cracking between the benches and the cabin
bulkhead and the lazarette beam.

There is no loss of space below the benches because the stringers are
tucked into the bench edge lip.   The only sacrifice is that the benches
are less comfortable sitting on them without cushions.  The flex forces are
either absorbed by the wood or harmlessly distributed elsewhere.

Regards,

Rick Lange