[Rhodes22-list] Solar panels?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sun Nov 5 15:14:04 EST 2023

I am aware of no instances where anybody reported overcharging or other damage to batteries resulting from connecting the small solar panels installed by General Boats directly (i.e. without a controller)

In my case, I have two 100 watt solar panels mounted on an arch over the aft end of the cockpit.  These are connected to a solar controller that lives in the lazarette, which is then connected to the house bank.  I still have the two small solar panels on the cabin roof, and these are connected directly to the batteries, as they were when I picked up the boat from General Boats

--Peter