[Rhodes22-list] Inner Shroud Issues

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 10:22:52 EST 2023

I'm surprised that Slim (Steve A.) hasn't weighed in on the subject yet. He
consulted with Stan when his lower chainplates were torn completely out of
the cabin top. My repair was similar to the one Stan suggested to Steve.

I will try to attach the pics he sent me last year.

While Steve had the repairs done at a local boatyard  and did not know what
material they use for the backing block, I used oak and thickened epoxy as
the adhesive. I also used a longer tang with three holes instead of two.

INTERESTING NOTE THOUGH: General boats often makes the having pieces of
standing rigging is bullet proof. But in the case of Steve's accident, the
forestay broke and I and the whole rig came down.

Todd T.