[Rhodes22-list] ANNAPOLIS BOAT SHOW THIS WEEK

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Oct 11 17:47:23 EDT 2023

I plan to attend the show on Saturday afternoon. The weather is not cooperating according to weather.com:

" Periods of rain. Potential for heavy rainfall. High 61F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near a half an inch."

5 to 10 mph winds make great demo sailing possibilities if the rain isn't too heavy. Maybe somebody will want to see how well a Rhodes 22 weather helm responds.

Well, it is an "in-the-water" show ...

Hopefully the piers won't flood out. Annapolis is starting to remind me of Venice, Italy.

My wife plans to look at a few of the larger crafts if the rain gets real bad. Just don't tell the sales people that you are thinking of upgrading from a Rhodes 22. They will know that you are not a potential client.

Time to try out my foul weather gear, again.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)