[Rhodes22-list] Mast step tabernacle attachment/deck repair

DAVID BERG davidmberg at me.com
Fri Sep 1 11:15:42 EDT 2023

Peter,

The guy from West System said that you could get it out if you heat up the screw head with a soldering iron, as Graham Stewart also noted.

Graham, I wondered why one wouldn’t use wood screws, but I think I saw a rationale in one of the West System guides. I think they tested and machine screws were stronger. That doesn’t exactly make sense to me.

I did the West Systems method last night with the 1” machine screws and put some gaffer tape and weighted screw heads with bricks for the belt and suspender approach.

Dave