[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Trouble

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sun Sep 10 13:50:02 EDT 2023

I feel I owe the list the final chapter (I hope) in this story.

I picked up my boat and trailer from Brian's Trailer Repair in Berwick, ME on Friday, almost exactly 6 weeks after having lost a wheel on the Maine Turnpike on my way to Rockland.

Long story short, we decided to replace pretty much everything that makes a boat trailer a trailer:  new axles, hubs, springs, disc breaks, tire rims, actuator, break lines, plus other miscellaneous hardware and lots of labor.  At every point where I was presented with options, I chose whatever seemed most robust, which I'm sure also meant most expensive.  The total bill came in at about $7,000.

I hope to get in one more week long cruise starting in a few days, but we'll have to keep an eye on hurricane Lee.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)