[Rhodes22-list] Reattach ladder bracket

jpd9668 jpd9668 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 22:08:34 EDT 2023

Some is good, more is better.  A machine screw doesn't bite because it should have a washer/lock washer and nut to secure the work. Are you thinking of a sheet metal or tap screw?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Jay Friedland <jayf401 at gmail.com> Date: 9/14/23  8:58 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Reattach ladder bracket My ladder hinge bracket, ’97 vintage beige ABS, pulled out. Getting a new milled ABS piece is not an immediate option as my boat is out of the water for a couple days for a new gps and outboard, then back in. A 2” 1/4x20 machine screw held it in from the factory, and I’m wondering if the best option is to go up one size machine screw to 5/16” tapped in. I believe there’s enough meat to securely hold it, plus a fender washer behind it. Any loctite like #242 blue recommended? Not finding much information on this online.Jay Friedland’97 S/V Wanderlust