[Rhodes22-list] How robust are the pintles?

Larry Gioia lgioia at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 30 18:30:09 EDT 2023

A few specs & instructions - this for my 2014):

2x3s (2 needed): 84” length but cut to suit

U-bolts (4 needed):

     1/4” u-bolt x 2” (outside width) 1 1/2” (inside width)  x 3 1/2” outside length

PVC Pipe for roller:

- inner pipe 1” nominal schedule 40 (1 1/2” outside diameter fits inside width of u-bolt) - mine is 33” length but cut to suit

- outer roller pipe 2” nominal sched 40 - mine is 9.5” length but cut to suit

Build instructions:

- notch the 2x3 bottoms (for 2014.  My ‘86 requires no notch as the 2x3s sit inside the transom, after end of seat)

- position 2x 3s and drill hole for bolt at center of X. This bolt stays fastened.
- drill 5/16”  holes for u-bolts to clamp to stern rail.

- mark location of u-bolts for roller. Don’t make too high as mast must be lifted up onto it.  Take down and drill 5/16” holes for u-bolts and install. These bolts stay fastened.

Each time you use it:

-  slide 2x3s into place, bolt to stern rail and slide inner and outer pvc pipe pieces on.

Larry