[Rhodes22-list] Honda BF9.9 Oil from carb

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 08:36:29 EDT 2024

Thanks Roger,
I will try all of these suggestions.  I'll keep you all posted but it might
take me a while to find the time.  I do use just ethanol free gas and my
modus operandi has been to run the gas out, but I admit during this time
when I have been just starting and running the motor periodically I
probably have skipped that a few times.  I have a compression tester with
the rubber insert.  Came with a tune up kit I picked  up about 35 years ago
so probably american made and still working...  To do this I am guessing I
would hook up the battery and crank the motor while holding the tester in
place?  both plugs out or one in one out. (I seem to remember with 8 cyl
engines my pals just did one at a time and started the engine).

I do have an alternate motor ready to go on a Rhodes so if I get some
sailing opportunities I have no excuses not to get out there.

Patrick