[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard won't drop

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Tue Apr 16 16:16:02 EDT 2024

HI tom
I have a Continental also -
Since my boat is moored in the shallows, when the tide gets extra low once in awhile, the keel sits on the bottom and sometimes gets a small stone wedged between the CB Trunk and the CenterBoard.
I have often wondered if the rod thru the retrieving line would work, but always ended up going overboard with mask and  a screw driver to scrape the offending stone out.
It is possible to grab the aft most edge of the CB and give it a tug - but be careful, it can drop quickly.
Once lose, make sure it can be raised and lowered again without issues.
Good Luck
Ric
SV Dadventure
HBNY