[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard won't drop/ control line size

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 17:39:40 EDT 2024

I've been looking at some centerboard photos posted over the years and they look very similar to mine with the slightly smaller blocks on the centerboard and the bigger blocks on the centerboard cap.  I haven't come across anyone else having a centerboard get stuck because of the smaller blocks.  Anyone hear of this happening before?  I wonder if there's anything else I should be scrutinizing.  I don't see anything stuck in the trunk.  Is there anything at the pivot I should look for?
   Probably unrelated but the board does thump a bit when the boat rocks.  I'm seeing that mentioned in my searches and I gather it's not supposed to do that.  I did notice some room around the pivot bolt which I'll try to photograph tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Peter

[ Sent From rhodes22.net ]