[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard won't drop/ control line size

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 12:56:51 EDT 2024

The small blocks on the trailing edge of the centerboard appear to be sized for 3/16" line (see attached photo).  The blocks on the cap look like 1/4" blocks.  It's very hard to pull the current pennant through the smaller blocks.  Fresh line will probably run freely, but if there's no real downside to a line sized for the existing block, why use the bigger line?
   Given how infrequently I expect to be adjusting the centerboard pennant, I'm not too worried about how the line will feel, how it'll hold in the cleat however is of prime importance which is why I asked.

Peter

[ Sent From rhodes22.net ]