[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard thumping

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 22:35:41 EDT 2024

There's lots of line left to deploy, only a foot or two of line goes into the trunk, and it's not a hard stop, it feels more like the board is gradually rubbing up against something or that the line is tangled and there's some stretch.
   I'm reasonably confident that the issue is a size mismatch between line and blocks, it just bothers me that no one else has had this problem, as I think the blocks are original and even if the line has been replaced since 1986, it's basically the same as general boats issued.  You'd think this would have come up before.... perhaps not.  At any rate I should know in a couple of weeks when I launch for the season.
   Thanks for your and the groups insights.  Absolutely invaluable every time I start digging into the inner workings.

Peter

[ Sent From rhodes22.net ]