[Rhodes22-list] Pipe Insulation in the Mast

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Apr 29 11:08:05 EDT 2024

I'm doing some rewiring this spring, including running a 3-conductor wire up the mast so that I can have both an anchor light and a steaming light.  I'd like to keep the new wire from slapping inside the mast.  The last time I ran wires up the mast, I attached many long zip-ties in an attempt to avoid slapping.  That did not work, so this time I'm going to try the pipe insulation approach.

This is mentioned many times in the archives, but still details are kind of sparse. I'd appreciate tips, tricks, or things to avoid from anyone who's done this.

Thanks,

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)