[Rhodes22-list] My mast is bent

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri Jul 5 10:53:03 EDT 2024

Hi Peter,

You can either purchase or a rent a tool for removing/installing external snap rings.  You want the style with a jack screw.  Place the jaws into the slot and jack the lips apart.  Look for this tool in an auto parts store or a hardware store.  This tool would allow you to apply gentle but powerful force right where you want it.  You don’t really want to pry the lips up like pliers would do.  You want to get in between the lips and pry them apart laterally.  Forcing some sort of wedge in between the lips might also accomplish what you want to do.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978. Sanford, MI

Sent from my iPhone