[Rhodes22-list] Traditional Mast Backstay problem

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Mon Jul 22 14:06:19 EDT 2024

Hi Brian,

On S/V Dynamic Equilibrium, my 1978 Rhodes 22, I had a local wire rope rigging shop duplicate what I had when it was time to replace the double backstays.  As you described, it is one piece of cable bent in the middle around a SS thimble.  My backstay adjuster and sockets for the traveler bar are also like yours.  I used this backstay for many years with the GBI gen 2 traveler bar.  When it came time to upgrade to the latest Gen 3 traveler, it slipped right into place using the same backstays and sockets.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978. Sanford, MI
Sent from my iPhone