[Rhodes22-list] Boom Rigging Question

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sun Jul 28 17:08:46 EDT 2024

Mike,

I’ve never understood why Stan made the boom topping lift so complex.  On my Rhodes 22, I just attached a 1/4” piece of double braid to the masthead.  I ran this line directly to the end of the boom and attached it to a cam cleat mounted on the end of the boom.  Now, if you want to adjust the topping lift, it’s located right above the helmsman’s head.  This is at least as convenient and ergonomic as the GBI setup and it’s lighter with less windage too.  Think about it before you go to a lot of trouble and effort to rebuild the factory setup.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978. Sanford, MI

Sent from my iPhone