[Rhodes22-list] Mast step issues?

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 26 13:24:37 EDT 2024

My boat is an '86 with a slightly different cabin layout, but the post I referenced in the photo is in approximately the same location as my compression post that is under the mast tabernacle.  Not having that cabin configuration I can't guarantee anything, but if there is no other vertical support in that immediate vicinity I'd wager that's it.  While it's possible some other mast support was engineered, I think it's likely someone would have mentioned it by now.  Might be worth looking to see if there's a good fit at the roof and foot of that post, perhaps a shim was removed ( or should be installed).

Peter

Ps.  Some photos of your boat including the foot of the mast where the damage is could go a long way towards a diagnosis

[ Sent From rhodes22.net ]