[Rhodes22-list] Trailer bunk replacement

Graham Stewart gstewart.gm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 21:48:44 EDT 2024

Thanks Roger. In my case the trailer has upright posts only at the ends of the bunk. The bunks  still have the proper shape and I am planning to replace them only because of some splits that are occurring in the wood.

I am thinking that I will use the old bunks as templates for the new ones insofar as the placement of the bolts. Before removing the bunks I will measure from the frame to the bunk where the bunk curve is at its lowest point. The brackets on the posts have elongated holes which I assume would allow me to install the bunks with loose bolts, and then down the bunk to the appropriate shape before tightening the bolts. My concern is whether the board will conform properly.

Graham Stewart
Rhodes 22
Agile, 1976