[Rhodes22-list] The List Seems to be Fading Away

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Mar 8 17:17:49 EST 2024

If you've thought that traffic on the Rhodes 22 email list has been a little on the light side lately, you're not imagining things.  Message volume has been declining for some time.  Below are the figures for average monthly posts for the last few calendar years:

2020 - 229 posts/month
2021 - 216
2022 - 126
2023 - 86

2024 has not exactly been off to a roaring start with 38 posts in January and 35 in February.

Back in 2008, there were over 1,000 posts/month, but things fell off to only around 400 in 2009 after political posts were discouraged.

I'm hoping to start a discussion about possible causes and possible remedies.  I have a few thoughts, but I don't want to start by steering the discussion in any particular direction.

So, what do you think is causing the decline, and what do you think we might be able to do about it?

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (198/2016)