[Rhodes22-list] Fading Away

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Sat Mar 16 14:34:53 EDT 2024

Thomas - it looks to me like we and our boats are not so different.
We’re unsinkable.
Many of us are recycled.
We’re more active in the summer months
We’re always worried about our weight.
Designed to be versatile.
Very lively in a puff.
We can change direction when faced with obstacles
Will spin out of control if over-powered.
But Steady when it blows.
Built to last if well maintained.
Our connections tend to wear out as we age.
But easy to fix when broken.
Parts are accessible but sometimes hard to find or too expensive to purchase.
But 3rd party parts sometimes do the trick.
Rarely needs return to factory.
Easily customized
Stands up tall when things are calm.
Hunkers down and steady when properly balanced.
Pointy up front and wider in the middle.
Deep keeled and steady  when its deep,  nimble and pulled up and tight in the shallows.
We’re amphibious.
We run against the wind but prefer to head down.
Love to get dirty but shine up with ease.
We all look similar, but come in many colors
We all hove distinct characters.
We can go almost anywhere but avoid heavy seas.
The only way to keep us in one place is to tie us down.
We  can handle the family for a weekend, but know our limits.
We’ve been all over the world but kinda like to stay home.

Ric

Dadventure
HBNY

Richard F. Stott, AIA, LEED AP