[Rhodes22-list] Algae in cockpit

Michael Pruchnicki prunicki at icloud.com
Thu May 2 10:37:05 EDT 2024

Greetings

2000 R22 spends the summers on a freshwater lake in Iowa.  I’ve noticed algae growth under the bench seats the 2-3 summers I’ve owned the boat.  No doubt due to standing water, usually after a rain.  Cockpit drains appear to be working well.  I have an Torqeedo OB, which is lighter than an 6hp or more OB.  Other than putting some extra weight on the aft end to tilt the boat slightly more to allow drainage, any ideas?  I was thinking maybe bleach or vinegar spray after a rain. Don’t have any pix. Thanks in advance

Mike
Sent from my iPad