[Rhodes22-list] Drilling into Fiberglass

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri May 3 16:47:28 EDT 2024

Hi Peter,

Assuming you can get at the back side of the hole, the best practice is to drill a small pilot hole thru first.  Then, drill the final hole diameter, starting on the interior and drill about halfway thru.  Finally, finish the hole from the outside.  Use a sharp spiral bit and don’t use a wood boring spade bit.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
1978 Sanford, MI

Sent from my iPhone