[Rhodes22-list] Wiring documentation - adding combination deck and steaming light

DAVID BERG davidmberg at mac.com
Sun May 5 14:21:38 EDT 2024

I’m about to attempt to service and upgrade the masthead light situation on my 1996/200? Rhodes 22. I haven’t gone into full troubleshooting mode, but Initial forrays into the circuit panel left me scratching my head a bit. This was a couple of years ago, so I don’t remember exactly what I had found.

I have found some helpful diagrams in the archive, particularly those drawn by Cris Cowie, which have shed light on wiring issues.

I’m contemplating adding a combination steaming/deck light, so I can probably relegate the masthead light to anchor-light duty only. I believe it was/is originally intended to serve as both steaming and anchor light. I’m wondering if anyone else has any wiring diagrams or information to share regarding wiring documentation on the 1990s vintage Rhodes.

Thanks,
David Berg
Minneapolis, MN
s/v Blue Loon (1996/200?)

PS: Thanks, Peter, for the info on the wire slapping fix. I think I may still use zip ties, but your knowledge is useful, as always.