[Rhodes22-list] Tabernacle repair

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 09:05:03 EDT 2024

Hi All,   Last year when raising the mast for the 1st time,  I had a little incident that resulted in pulling one of the tabernacle screws off the cabin top.  I'm planning on drilling out the screw hole and epoxying a hardwood plug in the cabin top and screwing the tabernacle into that so that the screw will pull out if I or some future owner ever makes a similar mistake.  My question for you all is:  should I caulk the screw holes like I'm inclined to do, and if so is silicone a good sealant, or would you recommend an adhesive sealant like 3m 4200?  Bear in mind that I want the tabernacle to pull off the cabin top in the event of a mishap.
Thanks as always,
Peter