[Rhodes22-list] Appropriate fuse for power lift winch (and Hello!)

Rosie Krueger rosie.krueger at gmail.com
Sat May 25 09:52:43 EDT 2024

Thanks, Roger!  Yes, exactly.  It feels a bit silly to use the lift for
such a small outboard, but since it’s there already it seems easier to add
a fuse than switch out the lift for a manual one.  The 12v outlet is
already there and has no labeling whatsoever.  I was thinking about adding
a smaller fuse just after the terminal to protect that one, but maybe I
should just remove it completely.  Trying to avoid doing too much actual
rewiring until we have a chance to sail the boat and see how we use it!

Another question - the terminal in the lazerette is just a couple of bolts
mounted to a plastic block, and doesn’t have any sort of cover.  That seems
like it might have been built that way - if anyone has added a cover, I’d
be interested to hear what worked.  I was thinking about getting some
rubber battery terminal covers and trying to rig them up.  The second
anchor lives down there and I can imagine it sliding over and making some
exciting contact when heeling….but if everyone else’s are that way and have
had no problems then I might leave it.

Best,
Rosie