[Rhodes22-list] Headup, list admin

Rik Sandberg rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 01:49:03 -0500

--=====================_146318074==_.ALT

Yeah, I did notice that the footer was missing. Does that happen no matter
who sends in html???

At 02:37 AM 8/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>repends on my mood and machine, the easlest way to spot html now, no
>footer means html mail
>
>MJM

matter who sends in html???<br><br>
At 02:37 AM 8/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:<br>
on my mood and machine, the easlest way to spot html now, no footer means
html mail</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From:</b> <a href="mailto:racerrik@rea-alp.com">Rik Sandberg</a>
<dd>To:</b>
<dd>Sent:</b> Thursday, August 01, 2002 2:38 AM

<dd>I don't know, I can't recall ever seeing that happen before. I thought maybe it was something you did. Can't be Outlook anyway, I'm using Eudora right now. Only use outlook at work. Are you sending in html????<br><br>

<dd>it is the mail client(i.e outlook) doing it for html mail.</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>MJM</font>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From: <a href="mailto:racerrik@rea-alp.com">Rik Sandberg</a>
<dd>To: <a href="mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</a>
<dd>Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 1:58 AM

<dd>At 12:45 AM 8/1/2002 -0500, you wrote: <blockquote type=cite class=cite cite>

<dd>I guess I kind of agree with Mary Lou, that a roster of R 22 owners might be pretty cool. If someone wanted to go to an area they hadn't been to, or wanted to meet up with other Rhodies in a particular area, it would sure make it simpler to figure out who is where and get in touch. I know everyone sweats about security, but hell, my e-mail address is already out there for anyone to look at if they want to and my name and address is in the phone book for everyone that's interested to see. I don't see where having a little personal info on our web site would really open me up to any security problems that I'm not already open for. And, if we used our passwords for access (members only) I don't see where it could really do any harm. What do you think???? Doubt I could be much help in designing it though.<br><br>

<dd>I still have some of your stuff queued up :-) I think bill work on a &quot;greeting&quot; and a monthy &quot;reminder&quot;. I got some stuff one the verion 2 of the list, but that it mosly programming right now.
<dd>MJM</font>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From: <a href="mailto:racerrik@rea-alp.com">Rik Sandberg</a>
<dd>To: <a href="mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</a>
<dd>Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 1:12 AM

<dd>Long as I've got you on the line, is there anything else you'd like to have edited (if you can call what I do editing) I'd be happy to take on some more stuff, if there is something that needs attention.<br><br>

<dd>&quot;It what I do&quot;, in truth the list does not use SSL, but thier are other services on this machine that do, It a day job thing, I been cutting production machines over all day. doing the more crictial one tonight durring low usage hours. watching 3 rebuild right now, kind of borring.</font> <font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>MJM</font>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From: <a href="mailto:racerrik@rea-alp.com">Rik Sandberg</a>
<dd>To: <a href="mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</a>
<dd>Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:48 AM
<dd>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Headup, list admin

<dd>NA, different animal, But I tell you something, If I was of a mind to I could take over 50% OF ALL the eCommerce sites in the world.
<dd>MJM</font>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From: <a href="mailto:racerrik@rea-alp.com">Rik Sandberg</a>
<dd>To: <a href="mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</a>
<dd>Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:30 AM
<dd>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Headup, list admin

<dd>It not only me, 50% of the web should be doing the same thing tonight. openssl is used by everyone and every body. this is a real screw up on the openssl people front. Their is no problem with the list, a buffer overrun was found in the SSL libs that is used to secure privacy on the web. The hole is big enough that the machine can be taken over which is very very bad, extremity when you consider that SSL is a security package in it self. This is preventive medicine, thing of it as a condom before someone try to give us the clap :-)</font> <font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>MJM</font>
<dd>&nbsp;----- Original Message -----
<dd>From: <a href="mailto:racerrik@rea-alp.com">Rik Sandberg</a>
<dd>To: <a href="mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</a>
<dd>Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:08 AM
<dd>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Headup, list admin

<dd>Looks like throes group screwed the pooch again(openssl), I have an emergency upgrade to the systems taking place right now, The SSL libraries are being replaced on this machine right now and the packages that they link to, security upgrade before the script kiddes find out, the list might be slow 0:00-3:00 with about a 15 minutes outage as the machine is boot in to the new kernel and packages, no member need to due anything, just a heads up.</font> <font face="arial" size=2>