[Rhodes22-list] New R22 Owner

Roland.John rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:54:33 -0400

Keith
Do I understand that you have 3-plugs at the base of the mast and =
3-similar plugs at the top?  The single prong plug may be an antenna =
cable,  compare it to the ANT receptacle on your transciever or the =
receptacle (if equipped) on the new antenna.  2-prong plugs are usually =
power plugs,  masthead light and/or steaming or anchoring lights are =
likely candidates.  If this mast came with the boat I am surprised that =
there aren't already matching receptacles near the base of the mast.  =
They may be under a cover plate of some kind.  I've not installed a =
thru-bulkhead connecter on a boat so i won't attempt to advise you =
there.  It will depend strongly on the cabin top construction in any =
case. =20
Good Luck,  John Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: Bracknell, Keith [mailto:keith_bracknell@groton.pfizer.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 3:35 PM
To: 'rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org'
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] New R22 Owner

I just bought an 88 Reliant. I'm based out of Old Saybrook, CT. Can =
anyone
tell me what the three plugs at the base and top of the mast are. Two of =
the
plugs have two prongs and one of them have one prong.

I'm also trying to install a VHF antenna, Shakespeare 36" 5215 CX that =
comes
with 60' of Coax. Anyone will to share experience a through the cabin =
roof
fitting? Or is there a simpler way to install the cable.

Keith

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may =
be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this =
E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any =
disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken =
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If =
you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.