[Rhodes22-list] Exit Lines

Ware, Joseph W. rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:46:42 -0400

Not going to happen John.  I am 6'5".  A small boat, is just that.  A small
boat.  However, did you take notice that you will fit in the main cabin
bunk?  That will be hard to find anywhere else.  Don't write off the Rhodes
too fast.  You might also like to know that with the top up, you can stand
without hitting your head.  Another plus.  I haven't even mentioned the
cockpit.  As you must already know, it's huge.

Your only alternative, might be to sit on the floor, or the step over the
centerboard.

Don't write her off too quickly.

Joe
S/V whisper

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland.John [mailto:roland.john@ensco.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 12:29 PM
To: Rhodes22-Owners (E-mail)
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Exit Lines

Greetings:

I wanted to thank all of you who responded to my New Guy posting a couple of
weeks ago.  I really appreciated the useful commentary regarding purchasing
a fixer-upper vs. a better boat or a recycle.  Regrettably I find I'm no
longer in the market for a Rhodes. I visited an R-22 this weekend and sadly
discovered that it's a great boat that I can't fit into. I'm 6'-2" tall and
there is no place I can sit in the cabin without bumping my head. I've
considered raising the roof and shortening my spine, but I think that
looking for a taller boat might be a better choice.   So I have one more
request.  Have any of you in your own boat searches come across a similar
boat with more cabin headroom?

Thanks;

John S. Roland  -  Senior Staff Engineer
ENSCO Inc.  5400 Port Royal Road, Springfield VA 22151-2312
voice; (703) 321-4614      fax; (703) 321-4609     roland.john@ensco.com
www.ensco.com