[Rhodes22-list] Table Sockets

Richard F Sheehan rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:52:00 -0400

----__JNP_000_6a27.10e4.6aac

GB Sold me my replacement .

Dick

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:21:51 -0400 "tom" <kostmst@rcn.com> writes:
Both my table sockets need replacement.  Does anyone know where I can get
two new ones?

Tom
SV Circe

----- Original Message -----
From: Toad the Wet Sprocket
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 2:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Table Sockets

John,
Thanks for the info about the table sockets.  I did see remnants of a
socket in the cockpit when I first started working on the boat.  The pic
of the table in place in the cabin made it look like it was resting on
the bench seat.
   I did lots of research about each boat I looked at and was even
remotely interested in buying. the Chrysler 26 is a Hereshoff design with
6 ft standing room in the cabin.  The are relatively less expensive than
most boats that size.  Some of the owners I have chatted with said they
were stout, sturdy little boats.  My only fear was that a tank of a boat
probably sails like a tank.  Most owners were very happy though.  I still
have the chance to pick one up in pretty good shape for much less than it
is worth.  It maybe a better alternative than dropping a ton of money
into this rhodes 22.  The Chrysler is on the heavy side to be a trailer
sailer at 4000lbs.  But most people out there have a less limited budget
than I as well.

Todd  sprocket80@hotmail.com