[Rhodes22-list] Sailing on a Catalina 22

Robert Quinn rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:58:13 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C2449E.78331390

John:  A couple of years ago a couple next to us in the marina purchased =
a Seaward '23.  We often found ourselves heading out to sail a few =
times.  After a year of watching us jump on the boat, store our goodies, =
ready for cast off, away we went with sails up just as we cleared the =
docks, they came over one evening totally disgusted and dejected that =
they didn't go the Rhodes route.  They felt our boat looked better, the =
cockpit was so much larger, and the ease of operation - furled Genoa and =
IMF - were what they should have gone for.  They were going to try to =
sell their boat and look to GB for a Rhodes 22.  Don't know whether they =
did or not, but their comments pretty well told the story. =20

Oh, on performance, the boats were pretty evenly matched but we =
generally managed to pull ahead and leave them behind over time.=20

Bob and Kathy on the "NoKaOi"

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C2449E.78331390

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>John:&nbsp; A couple of years ago a =
couple next to=20
us in the marina purchased a Seaward '23.&nbsp; We often found ourselves =
heading=20
out to sail a few times.&nbsp; After a year of watching us jump on the =
boat,=20
store our goodies, ready for cast off, away we went with sails up just =
as we=20
cleared the docks, they came over one evening totally disgusted and =
dejected=20
that they didn't go the Rhodes route.&nbsp; They felt our boat looked =
better,=20
the cockpit was so much larger, and the ease of operation - furled Genoa =
and IMF=20
- were what they should have gone for.&nbsp; They were going to try to =
sell=20
their boat and look to GB for a Rhodes 22.&nbsp; Don't know whether they =
did or=20
not, but their comments pretty well told the story.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oh, on performance, the boats were =
pretty evenly=20
matched but we generally managed to pull ahead and leave them behind =
over=20
time.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob and Kathy on the=20
"NoKaOi"</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C2449E.78331390--