[Rhodes22-list] Bean Bag Seats

Bill Effros rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 00:38:57 -0400

Paul,

In addition to 2 "Sport Seats" I have 2 small bean bag seats which are even
more comfortable on the step, plus 2 captain's seats.  This gives me 6 truly
comfortable seats in the cockpit, something that can't be said for many
sailboats 2 to 3 times the length of our boats. The bean bag chairs are sold
by "The Bag Lady" at the boat shows and are available in all the Sunbrella
colors.

Bill Effros

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Grandholm" <PAUL@mi.chtechnology.com>
To: <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 12:01 PM
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Sailing on a Catalina 22

Gee John,

     You're really serious about this sitting headroom thing aren't you?
I'm 6'2" and I would like to suggest that if sitting headroom is that
important to you, then standing headroom will be just as important if not
more so over the long haul.  I get that with the Rhodes 22 Pop Top.  I
had to go to a boat over 30' before I could stand up in the cabin.
Obviously your cost is commensurate to boat length.  A simple solution is
to sit in the cabin with your back to the hatch.  To make this
arrangement comfortable, buy a "Sport Seat" for $60.00 at any boat show.
I think Stan sells them too.  They're portable, padded, and have an
adjustable back (from 90 degrees straight up to 180 degrees completely
flat).  They come in a multitude of colors.  I have two on the boat for
guests which I use mainly in the cockpit.  In the off season, we bring
them home to sometimes sit on the floor next to the fireplace.  They're
that comfortable.

Paul