[Rhodes22-list] shroud tension

Jack Goldberg rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:47:52 +0000

This list has been helpful in the past, so I'll come to the trough of
knowledge to feed again.
I noted with interest the thread about the mast plate bolts coming loose and
the response with regard to the tension of the shrouds. My 84' has a
standard main. When I bought the boat this spring, the shrouds were very
loose (obout 3 inches of play from side to side at about 3 feet from the
deck. The guy I bought the boat from said that was OK, but now I'm worried.
Is there a spec' on how tight (or loose) the shrouds should be under no
load?

Jack Goldberg,