[Rhodes22-list] Joke

Michael Meltzer rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:14:26 -0400

Now this works much better for a lawyer and a blonde. Every Programmer and Engineer, know the answer is a amphibian that regrew the
leg. Not to mention do you really belive that that either group has the social skills to talk to a stranger :-)

MJM

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Kaynor
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 8:56 AM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Joke

The Programmer and the Engineer
A programmer and an engineer happened to be seated next to each other on a flight from LA to New York. The programmer, wanting to
show his superior intellect, asked the engineer if he would like to play a game. "It's real fun and easy, too" the programmer
persisted. "All we do is ask each other a question. If you don't know the answer, you pay $5 to the other person." The engineer
politely declined and rolled towards the window to nap.
"OK, if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $50!" the programmer boasted.
Although he was very tired, this caught the engineer's attention so he agreed to play.
"OK," the programmer began, "what's the distance from the Earth to the moon?" With a blank look on his face, the engineer reached
into his wallet and handed over a $5 bill.
Now it was the engineer's turn. "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?" he countered.
The programmer opened his laptop and began to search all his references for an answer. After more than an hour of futile searching,
however, the programmer woke the engineer and handed him $50. The engineer took the money and turned away to go back to sleep.
"Hey," yelled the programmer, "what's the answer?" Without a word, the engineer reached into his wallet and handed the programmer a
$5 bill and went back to sleep. .