[Rhodes22-list] Document library

Toad the Wet Sprocket rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:13:46 -0400

<P>Dear Rummy or whatever,</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not pouting.&nbsp; I am just a little frustrated when I can get very little info from the mfg of the boat I have.&nbsp; GB is a very small company.&nbsp; This I understand.&nbsp; When I called, I was told there&nbsp;no owner's manuals <EM>or </EM>parts manuals for a boat as old as mine. (maybe&nbsp;it was made before Stan started making the Rhodes)&nbsp; Owners here on this list all&nbsp;each other out.&nbsp; Someone was kind enough to scan their owner's manual and offer it to MMeltzer who had it converted to a pdf file and shared it with us all.&nbsp;&nbsp; There are no pictures and many mistakes made by the OCR software.&nbsp; I was re-typing it in my spare time so I could possibly send it back out in a corrected Word format.&nbsp;&nbsp; Some one asked if this would be violating copyrights for a manual that Stan doesn't offer.&nbsp;&nbsp; Stan surely got all rights to this literature when he bought the company.&nbsp; If Stan printed a tech manual&nbsp; for a boat as old as mine with diagrams, drawings and close-up pictures of the systems,rigging and hardware, and sail and rig tuning information I would gladly buy it and have it delivered overnight.&nbsp; What I know about sailing and sailboats wouldn't fill a thimble.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am at the mercy of&nbsp;all here and rely on the experience and expertise of other owners.&nbsp;&nbsp; I called GB because Stan is the "guru" and all I got was one word answers and told to "e-mail me".&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;first response was next day....folow up was 2 weeks.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am desperate for information which GB doesn't have and someone sending a copy of their old owner's manual is against the law.&nbsp;&nbsp; And I am wrong for being frustrated??????&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR><BR>Sprocket or whatever<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV>Please respond to <A href="mailto:sprocket80@hotmail.com">sprocket80@hotmail.com</A></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: R22RumRunner@aol.com
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Document library
<DIV></DIV>Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:25:04 EDT
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Dear Sprocket or whatever,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I don't understand you. You ask questions of this list which is comprised of
<DIV></DIV>owners, not the manufacturer and when you get answers you don't like, you
<DIV></DIV>pout. GET OVER IT. If you want help, play nice or take your boat and go
<DIV></DIV>elsewhere.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Rummy