[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Through-Transom Drains

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:25:43 -0800 (PST)

Joe, one of my cockpit drains was cracked and leaking
water in the lazeret.  When I checked the other one
and the thru-the-hull drains they were all hard and
brittle.  The closest thing I have here to a West
Marine is BassPro shop so that's where I bought the
replacements.  I went one size larger and replaced the
hose with the next size up in clear so I can see any
obstructions.  You can go back with the original size
but I would defintely chose a straight rather than
tapered fitting either way.  The drains are
inexpensive and easy to replace, just be sure and buy
a good marine grade sealant and bed them thouroughly.

Brad Haslett