[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Through-Transom Drains

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:46:27 -0500

Joe:
     If the thru hulls are o.k. why not just epoxy (glue) the hoses to
the tapered fittings?  Then use a water hose clamp on top.  Mine are
just held on with water hose clamps.
             Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of brad haslett
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:26 AM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Through-Transom Drains

Joe, one of my cockpit drains was cracked and leaking
water in the lazeret.  When I checked the other one
and the thru-the-hull drains they were all hard and
brittle.  The closest thing I have here to a West
Marine is BassPro shop so that's where I bought the
replacements.  I went one size larger and replaced the
hose with the next size up in clear so I can see any
obstructions.  You can go back with the original size
but I would defintely chose a straight rather than
tapered fitting either way.  The drains are
inexpensive and easy to replace, just be sure and buy
a good marine grade sealant and bed them thouroughly.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"