[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

Bob Weber ruba1811@hotmail.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:05:08 -0600

Rik, Congrats on the Flicka, I read a book a while back where I guy
Singlehanded this boat from the west coast to the South Pacific, to Hawahi
and back.  Twice other boats tried to "Rescue" him in the middle of the
Pacific assuming he was out there as a result of some unfortunate occurance.
  The name of the book was the "Adventures of Kowabunga (Sp)"
The book was pretty good - It was my first time sailing an armchair into the
South Pacific.  Since them, My armchair has sailed around the world enough
times to conclude that 27 feet is a good size and a first mate is a must.  I
got a whole list of books that will put a fire in you to do some cruisen and
speed up "someday".  I hope to see the boat / show the first mate and mabey
plant the seed for my own "someday".

Bob Weber