[Rhodes22-list] Printers

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:42:45 -0500

>Wally:
>        What brand do you brandish?  Any photo quality?
>								Ed K

Ed,

Well since you asked ....I am working for a company called Oce Printing
Systems, we used to be a division of Siemens. We have several printing
groups selling a variety of products but none geared towards home use. We do
have some nice Photo Quality color printers but they start at $170K and are
targeted at commercial printers or corporate marketing departments. We focus
on high volume, and right now we have the fastest digital printer on the
market at 1300 pages per minute!

I sell the Production Printing line. The printers are designed for Corporate
Data Centers, Publishers, Print Shops, and high volume Mailers. These guys
typically are printing millions of pages a month in a short time frame. Some
of our production models do have highlight color but not photo color. We are
unique in that we use LED technology rather than Laser competing against
Xerox (#1 in the market) and IBM (number 3 in the market, we are no 2). You
feed a five mile long roll of paper into these bad boys and then step back!
Out of the back end the paper is sliced and diced, paper is folded and
crammed into an envelope. We print every Amercian Express bill as well as
most phone and cell phone bills. They run about 200K  to one million per
printer depending on model. Not to mention the cost of servers and software
to run this stuff. We can print PCL, Postscript, AFP/IPDS (IBM), Xerox
(LCDS,DJDE) all at 600 DPI. There is nothing else like it on the market! So
how many would you like, two or perhaps three ....let me tell you about our
lease specials ....or maybe you want to hear about our new "Invisible Ink"
technology.....

End of shameless advertisement -

Wally