[Rhodes22-list] Soliciting Practical Advice

R22RumRunner@aol.com R22RumRunner@aol.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:29:07 EST

Richard,
You can furl the 175 Genoa any size you want without losing the pointing
ability everyone seems to talk about. All you have to do is move the sheets
inside the shrouds and move the block forward to compensate. Yes, you do lose
performance, but that's the whole idea of furling in the first place. I have
an extra track with a another block in front of the main Genoa track
alongside the cabin. I run the sheets through this and adjust according to
the sail size. This keeps me pointing high and gives me power.
Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I have had to furl the Genny on
occasion....whether I wanted to or not.

Rummy