[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22's near NW Atlanta?

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 13:16:14 -0500

Sam,
     There are several Rhodes22's on Lake Hartwell.  There is even one
alleged to be for sale.  Rummy is the grand mariner, but his boat is out
of the water for routine servicing.  You actually live near Captain Bob
Keller, who sails from the Georgia side of the lake.  Maybe you should
try to contact him via the list.
     I keep my boat at Big Water Marina on the South Carolina side of
the lake.  My boat is on "A" dock, and you are welcome to come and
drool.  On "B" dock there are two other Rhodes22's.  All three boats are
different in set up.
     Coming to Big Water from the Atlanta area can be done two ways.
Take 85 to SC 24 to SC 187 south to US 29 south then about 1.5 miles to
Big Water Road (right turn this way).  Or you can take I 85 and come
thru Hartwell, Ga., pick up US 29 toward Anderson, SC.  Once you get
past the dam, Big Water Road is a left turn.
     With current speed limits and a heavy foot, you can make it in
about two hours.
                  Ed K