[Rhodes22-list] The Hunter 17 Saga

Robert Quinn rjquinn@bellsouth.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:28:59 -0500

Steve:  I think it was just a fluke with the winds that we had.  We were
moving but not all that swiftly.  The Hunter appeared to be on the edge of
what it could handle - any more wind and he would have no doubt be rounding
up and we would have just shot forward.

One of the oddities I guess.  Believe I told you about running against a
Catalina 25.  We generally could walk away from him under most conditions
but every now and then wind conditions would favor the Catalina 25.  We also
have a few Catalina 22's around.  The keel boats generally give us fits but
we can walk away from the swing keels.  A lot depends on the crew of the
Catalina's though as there is one fellow who seems to have the skill and
knowledge to make any boat look good "out there."

We're basically lazy.  We do try to run with - and ahead of the pack - when
the opportunity presents itself.  Other times though we're content to just
kick back and cruise along enjoying the day.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"