[Rhodes22-list] Question, Solar panel regulator.

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:33:39 -0500

Bob,

You also corrected another problem. Mismatched size batteries can create
a problem in that one battery is always in conflict with the other and
one will tend to drain the other. I think I found that info in West
Marine advisor or Nigel Caulders's book or another electrical book for
boats. Anyway, since one battery has more capacity, it follows that
there will be uneven supply and demand both on load and charge cycle and
one battery will get short changed. Or is that charged?

By replacing both batteries with exact match batteries, you will have a
much more stable battery life expectancy. Interstate batteries are good.
and deep cycle even better. Life should be good with your electrical
load. Unless you decide to plug in some refrigeration to keep up with
Rummy's drinking capacity.

So you went sailing and drinking...... gee. Was Rummy a part of the
picture?

Alex