[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Jacks

Alex Bell rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:54:47 -0400

Steve,

I have sucessfully pulled the tongue out while attached to the car.
Actually you need to use the tongue jack while doing so to provide the
correct angle and prevent binding and someone should be attending the
jack as you pull the tow vehicle forward.

I added a stop bolt to the tongue end so it won't come out. This
necessitated drilling new pin holes for the extended position. But you
can pull the tongue out and when the stopper bolts hit the traler frame
member, you can drop the pins in the new holes. Lots easier.

Alex